Saturday, November 25, 2017

Sat Inspiration

Morning Inspiration with James Merritt

Exodus 20:17

"Do not covet your neighbor's house. Do not covet your neighbor's wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey or anything else your neighbor owns."

The word "covet" means to desire.or want something. Let me make something plain. There is nothing wrong with ambition. There's nothing wrong with desire. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get ahead in life. There's nothing wrong with want nice things. There's nothing wrong with wanting to provide for your family or to make money and have good things. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

The problem comes when you get dissatisfied with what you have. You start wanting what someone else has. You start getting jealous of what someone else has. And you get to the point where you say, "I want what they've got and I'll sacrifice my marriage, my wife, my kids and anything else to get what they've got. I want it that badly".

God says, "don't covet in that way". The reason why that is so important is this is a disease that not only effects our finances, it effects our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment