Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wednesdays Inspiration

Morning Inspiration with Pastor Merritt

Today, a lot of people and a lot of culture is like the true story of a young medical student studying Orthopedic Surgery in Miami. Following one particular lecture the student went up to the teacher and said, “I’ve been reading my text and listening to your lectures and there are quite a few points at which your lectures disagree with the textbook.” The professor said, “Really? Bring me your book and show me where there is disagreement.” When the student did that and pointed out several pages where there were contradictions, the professor calmly, but deliberately, ripped the pages out of the book, wadded them up, threw them in the trashcan and said, “There…now the book agrees with me.”

You are going to live your life and I am going to live my life in one of two ways. I am going to try to make this book agree with my life or I am going to make my life agree with this book. In other words, either I am going to be the authority over me and this book or this book is going to be the authority over me. Before you decide which path you are going to take, let me just give you one last observation.

If you look back at every time you stumbled and fell in a personal relationship, if you look back at everything you’ve ever done in your life you wish you hadn’t done, if you look back at every time you failed to do what was right and look at how it cost you and look at how it worked out for you, if you will be honest, you will find in every single case it is either because you didn’t consult what God had to say or you didn’t do what God had to say.

Remember that benefit I told you that comes from getting under the authority of the Bible that you will never find anywhere else? Here it is - Key Take Away: When you maximize the Bible’s authority you minimize life’s regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment