Monday, May 23, 2016

My Though for Today - On Hold

You know this really gets to me and I don't understand it. Today there are computers used for everything under the sun obviously but I just don't get having to wait on hold for a phone call.

So I call into this business and after going through a bunch of promps, enter this info and that info and then apparently getting to where I am supposed to be to get my question answered I get put on hold?? I'm confused, why do we have to enter all the info in go through 3 or 4 different menus to get where we want and then get put on hold. What is the purpose. Are they just routing you around until someone is available to take your call? 

Why do they have you input all the information if they are just going to ask you again when you get to a live person? This does not make sense either. If they have plenty of people working a call center then you should get a person right away. If they are so low that they have to route you around a few different menu options then when you finally get the place where you want you should not have to repeat everything that you already entered just to do it all over again, especially after waiting on hold for a long time. 

Maybe its just me but I think if you are going to have customer support then they should be there to support you. The computer system or whatever it is that they company employs to screen the phone calls with should have all the information put up on the receivers screen already so they don't have to ask the same questions to get the same information all over again. 

Well I guess that is it for today. I might post some more things later on that you all might be interested. I'm still waiting for some comments on what you all would like to read up on. Anything how to fix something to whats going on in the world. Let me know or even anything you want me to write on, I will do the same. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and just remember, this time next week you will be off and enjoying a little extra sleep hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment