Friday, July 29, 2016

Thoughts for the Day

We all face storms in our life. We're prepared for some, while others take us completely by surprise, often with life-changing, faith-shaking results. Always remember that when Jesus calmed the storm on the Sea of Galilee with the simple command, "Peace, be still!", He was speaking not only to the storm, but also to the heart of each disciple in the boat. In every storm of life, He calms both the tempest and the fearful heart when we simply trust Him and yield to His sovereignty!
 - Ron Lambros, President, Touching Lives


"Prayer is not primarily about telling God what you need or want. It is for the purpose of getting closer too and going deeper with God. It’s almost as if God is saying, “don’t bring me your shopping list. I already know what’s on it. We’ll deal with that later. Bring me your heart. Bring me your love. Bring me your undivided attention. Bring me your undiluted affection.”
In other words, prayer is not primarily about getting things from God; it’s about spending time with God."
 - Pastor Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment