Friday, October 28, 2016

Fri Inspiration

Morning Inspiration with Pastor Merritt

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14 NIV

Wow, it's hard to believe 2016 is already here. But I am so excited for all the plans this new year holds! A new year brings an opportunity to start fresh. It's a time to make new goals, learn new things, and improve the things that failed the year before. However, in order to fully move forward into 2016, you must put 2015 behind you.

In the passage above, the Apostle Paul reveals how to successfully step into 2016: "Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead." Paul had learned the valuable lesson that you cannot fully focus on where you are going, until you forget where you've been. Yes, you failed at something last year. Yes you disappointed a loved one last year; but in order to grow, you’ve got to press on.

I am convinced that one of Satan’s greatest weapons against Christians is the ‘shame game.’ The enemy loves to pummel us into the ground over sins we’ve committed and times we haven’t obeyed God. We must repent, but then we must also learn to move on. So start fresh in 2016. Leave your baggage and shame behind, and move forward toward what is ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment