Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Wed Inspiration

Morning Inspiration with Pastor Merritt

I visited with a man in his home, several years ago the week after he had received Jesus Christ into his life at our Easter Service. As we were rejoicing over his decision He said with a concerned look on his face, “I have one big question.”. It wasn’t so much a question as it was a frustration. He said, “You know I asked God to give me patience and then it is almost as if God just beats me down as hard as He can, because all kinds of problems come into my life. I don’t understand it. Why is it when I ask for patience, He sends me problems?” Frankly, I couldn’t help but laugh. Here is what I said to this man, “Do you realize the only time you need to be patient is when you’ve got something to be patient about? When you ask God to teach you patience all He was doing was answering your prayer.”

As I have told you many times before, every problem is a test. Every difficulty is an opportunity. It is an opportunity for you to trust God. It is an opportunity for you to hear from God. It is an opportunity for you to believe God. It is an opportunity for you to learn to exercise patience, believing that God will guide you to handle the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment