Friday, September 30, 2016

Fri Thoughts

"Prayer is not primarily about telling God what you need or want. It is for the purpose of getting closer to and going deeper with God. It's almost as if God is saying, "Don't bring me your shopping list. I already know what is on it. We will deal with that later. Bring me your heart. Bring me your love. Bring me your undivided attention. Bring me your undiluted affection. In other words, prayer is not primarily about getting things from God; it's about spending time with God."
-Pastor Merritt


Verse of the Day

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

1 Timothy 2:1-2 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment