Saturday, January 27, 2018

Sat Inspiration

Morning Inspiration with Pastor Merritt

God wants to hear about every problem that we have. I know you may be thinking, “But He already knows what my problems are.” That is true, but He wants you to tell Him what those problems are just the same.

To this very day there are times that I know when my sons have problems and I know they have problems. I also know they are at the age and stage of life where now I have to let them come to me and tell me what the problem is and ask for my help or they really won’t accept my help anyway.

That is why God allows problems to come into our life to begin with. We all know that God is powerful enough if He wanted to, He could keep our lives problem free. If He wanted to He could make sure we never face illness, never have problems, and never deal with difficulties. He could make our life all pleasure, no pain, all sunshine, no rain all roses and no thorns. Do you know what would happen if that were true? We would never turn to God for anything.

I will tell you right now and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I’ve got problems in my life right now that I have no other recourse and no other choice except to turn to Jesus. There are some things in my life right now that I can’t turn to anybody except Jesus. One of the hardest parts of being a pastor and one of the loneliest parts of my job is the fact that even though so many people turn to me and they’ve got problems, but I’ve have things I have to deal with that I can’t turn to anybody except Jesus. The sheep can turn to the shepherd, but who does the shepherd turn to? The only shepherd the shepherd can turn to is another shepherd. That is why I take such refuge in the realization that the Lord is my shepherd. Trust me. When I tell you to turn to Jesus I do the very same thing with so much of my life. When you are running on empty you turn to Jesus with the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment