Friday, January 26, 2018

Fri Inspiration

Morning Inspiration with Pastor Merritt

I can testify to the fact that God is still in the miracle-working business. When I was pastoring my former church, I had only been there a couple of months, and a man that almost everyone in this church now knows had a daughter who began to have pain behind her right eye. They went to the finest doctors at Emory University and they discovered a tumor behind her right eye that needed to be removed. They told them it would be a dangerous operation and that she might indeed lose that eye. The dad and mom called me and asked if I would anoint her with oil and lay hands on her and pray with her after Sunday service. Some of our deacons got together at the front of the church after that service and did just that. We cried out to God and asked God to heal this girl and to at least preserve her eye.

She was to have surgery the next morning and when they took her down to the hospital, as they were walking her down to the pre-op room, the father had an idea that came into his mind. He called the doctor and asked the doctor to do another CAT scan. When he asked, “Why?” he told the doctor that his daughter had been prayed for and anointed and he was believing God for a miracle and he wanted one more CAT scan done before surgery was performed. The doctor did everything he could to talk him out of it. They had already done two CAT scans, but this father would not hear of it so they took her in for a CAT scan.

A short time later the doctor came out shaken and amazed. He said to this man, “I don’t understand this, but we cannot find that tumor.” He said, “I didn’t just come out here to tell you this, but I came out to ask for your permission to do another CAT scan.” They did that. The doctor called him into his office, put all four CAT scans up on the screen and said, “I can’t explain this. I don’t understand it. You see on the two CAT scans to the left there clearly is a tumor there. You see on the two CAT scans on the right there is no tumor there. I don’t know what she ate or what you did, but those tumors are gone.” The dad replied, “It is not what I did. It is not what we did. It is what God did.”

No comments:

Post a Comment