Thursday, October 5, 2017

Entertainment News

Liam Neeson says he's now 'unretired' from action movies

‘I’m going to be doing action movies until they bury me in the ground,’ he said


NICK ROMANO@NICKAROMANO

Like a tagline to one of the Taken movies, Liam Neeson is now “unretired.”

The actor had contemplated bowing out of action movies back in 2015, and he predicted earlier in this month that Hard Powder and The Commuter would be two of his last thrillers. But now, speaking with Variety at the premiere of Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House, he’s ready for more…much more.

“It’s not true, look at me,” he said of reports about his action-movie retirement. “You’re talking in the past tense. I’m going to be doing action movies until they bury me in the ground. I’m unretired.”

Earlier this year, Neeson joined the cast of Widows, Steve McQueen’s heist thriller with Viola Davis, and he’s also set to appear in Marlowe, where he’ll play a detective in search of a beautiful blonde’s missing ex lover.

As for more of his Taken movies, well, Neeson seems done with those. “There’s only so many times your daughter can be taken,” he told Stephen Colbert on The Late Show in December. “Actually,” he added, “if we do have another it will be, ‘Please can you take my daughter’?”

He reiterated that sentiment to the Associated Press in discussing his now-former retirement plans. “The thrillers, that was all a pure accident,” he said. “They’re still throwing serious money at me to do that stuff. I’m like, ‘Guy’s I’m 60-f—ing-5.’ Audiences are eventually going to go, ‘Come on.'”

Neeson can be seen next playing the titular Watergate whistleblower in Mark Felt, out in theaters this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment