Sunday, September 30, 2018

'Softer' Music in the Gym

Tim Tebow says he listens to 'softer' music in the gym, namely Disney's 'Moana' soundtrack

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY

Usp Minor League Baseball Eastern League All Star S Bbm Usa Nj
(Photo: Gregory J. Fisher-USA TODAY Spor)

Tim Tebow shared his secret to getting swole in the gym.

Disney music.


The Heisman-winning quarterback-turned baseball minor leaguer appeared on Good Morning America  on Tuesday to promote his new book, "This Is the Day," which centers on motivating people to live their purpose and shift off of auto-pilot in their day-to-day lives.

Host Michael Strahan asked Tebow about his workout music in the TV segment, and suffice it to say Eminem's "8 Mile" soundtrack was not at the top of the playlist.

"I think some people would be shocked. I'm a little bit calmer in the gym, 'cause I'm usually pretty amped up," Tebow said. "So I listen to softer stuff. Frank Sinatra, Disney music, Christian music. I think they're even shocked when I say, I even like Moana."

More: NFL power rankings: Undefeated Rams, Chiefs set pace among lots of interesting projections

More: MLB playoffs: Four burning questions for the final week of regular season

The "Moana" Disney soundtrack peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in 2016 and features the hit single, "How Far I'll Go" by Alessia Cara.

Tebow, who played the 2018 season with the New York Mets' Double-A affiliate, suffered a right-hand injury in July that kept him out for the rest of his season. The Mets have stated publicly that they expect the 31-year-old outfielder to be back in 2019.

After Tebow's career at the University of Florida, he had NFL stints in the regular season with the Denver Broncos and New York Jets. Tebow also spent preseason time with the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles.

Tebow's newest book is his fourth major publication and follows his Christian principles as a way to empower and inspire readers.

"I wanted to make conscious choices and decisions to start living that every single day, when my alarm went off, I was going to wake up knowing that this day was on purpose, to live out my dreams, live out my passion and, more than anything, live out my purpose," Tebow said on GMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment